Wave recruits a Administration – Communication Officer
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent, starting with Senegal. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Administration – Communication Officer who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for being the treasury team focal point in handling agent and treasury team communication as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with agents for optimal communication
- Prepare settlement bulk sms in due time to be sent to agents early in the morning
- Follow up agent settlements to (1) identify and call those whom have not settled us the previous day and (2) call agent we have just settled cash via bank to inform them that cash is available
- Maintain a proper tracking and archive spreadsheet for calls made to agents whom have not properly settled
- Build SQL dashboards for the treasury team
- Report any risk related issues to your supervisor and to the treasury team
- Ad-hoc tasks requested by your supervisor
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Language: Strong proficiency in French and Wolof. English is an advantage
- Education: Equivalent of a Bachelor Degree
You might be a good fit if you
- Are comfortable with external communication in a polite and respectful manner
- Strong aptitude and understanding of the communication aspects
- Have a strong knowledge of SQL
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Enjoy studying google spreadsheets in order to display digestible data
- Have developed processes and trainings with minimal guidance and have implemented them in the field
Bonus points if you
- Have previously worked as a communication or support officer
- Have developed SQL dashboards/visuals in your previous experience
- You speak English
- We have a Country Office in Senegal with about 70 people. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here, as well as responding to the questions below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
Closing date : 12 March 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter le lien suivant: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wavesenegal/jobs/4627046002#app
Laisser un commentaire