World Vision is hiring a Project Manager
Purpose of position:
The West Africa Region-Office Consolidation project manager will be responsible for supervising the design and construction of the interior office space and for planning and coordinating all aspects of the office relocation and consolidation in close collaboration with the Office Consolidation Committee (OCC) comprising representatives of WV Global Real Estate, the WV West Africa Regional Office, WV Senegal and Vision fund from beginning to end, ensuring that the project and move are completed within time and budgetary constraints. The construction works on the leased property at Point E will have contractors and consultants hired by the landlord and by WV to complete the interior design and office space build out and they will require guidance and strict supervision to ensure WV standards are met.
Contract Duration: 9 months
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract
- Lead and coordinate detailed planning and implementation of all aspects of the office consolidation and move from A-Z in close consultation with the Committee including developing and managing project management tracker on line.
- Coordinate all procurement of the services and works on the tenant improvements -Interior design, furnishings, equipment etc) – working closely with WV Supply Chain, Security, and ICT team for installation of all IT communication and control access systems and furnishings
- Plan and organize all activities related to the decomissioning and rehabilitation of the current offices for hand over back to the respective owners of the 3 offices.
- Organize all the logistics related to packing out of 3 offices and moving into to the new office site.
- Organize any training or orientation related to office function (i.e. IT, access control etc.)
- Ensure minutes taken in all the meetings held by the project management committee
Project Accountability (40%) :
- Coordinate achievement of programmatic objectives; planning, implementation and review of progress budget utilization and ensure project committee’s approval and endorsement of all plans
- Coordinate regular planning, accountability and follow up meetings on key performance indicators and overall quality assurance matters
- Coordinate and follow up with external entities, legal teams, project engineers and architects, QS and all other project members
- Seek all the necessary approvals required for the project
- Review all the designs, bills of quantities, contracts and any other documents required and get all the approvals from the project committee
Planning and coordinating all logistics related to office decommissioning and of the move
Effective Technical Project Design, Planning and Implementation ( 25%)
- Source or Carry out Technical Design of Construction projects as need arise
- Preparation of the tender documents (Technical Specifications, Drawings, Bills of quantities and Terms of Reference)
- Participate in the tender committee to offer all the technical advice
- Facilitate timely and quality implementation of the office project, other construction infrastructures
- Ensure effective coordination between the several functions/entities within WV to facilitate smooth transition
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Construction initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Provide overall construction site management in strict adherence to the approved designs.
- Facilitate site visit to inspect progress of works and validate all the inspection reports (this includes quantified work done)
- Supervise contractors during implementation to ensure quality workmanship, safety and value for money is achieved within schedule.
- Facilitate site-possession, handing over and commissioning of projects
- Facilitates Topographical Surveys, Environmental Impact Assessment and GIS activities
- Maintain an updated Site Book for all construction works
Quality Assurance – Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation:(20%)
- Supervise and Monitor Constructions in strict adherence to WV and Senegal government regulations
- Document and disseminate best practices
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Facilitate regular review meetings with the project team
- As a project continues, construction managers typically confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
Engagement, Networking & Partnerships(10%)
Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and Agencies relevant to the Project’s focus area Participate in OCC committee, office and site meetings
Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Office Consolidation Committee: strategic /operational guidance
- Senior Director of Operations:(Supervisor) Leadership,strategic/operational direction, guidance and coordination; planning, setting targets.
- Department Heads- Consultation, joint work planning, monitoring, expenditure tracking, and reporting, continuous communication and impact evaluation
- Communications Officer: Consultation, joint planning, coordination of documentation and media events.
- GRE Regional Manager: Consultation, coordination, standards, joint monitoring, and impact evaluation. Matrix relationship with GRE SME
- Other project officers:Consultation, joint planning
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Minimum seven years proven experience in infrastructure project implementation and/ office design
- Experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff
- Experience in planning and organizing a large office move
- Knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes and/or statistical program & project management software
- Knowledge and application of auto/arch CAD and GIS will be an advantage.
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- English and French communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of working with the project committee
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Detailed and Results Oriented
- An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for career success
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Dakar, Senegal
- Availability: Immediate, no later than April 1, 2020
Closing date : 26 February 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://careers.wvi.org/apply-job/14346
Laisser un commentaire