The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments; our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
The Welcome Officer ensures that Welcome activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pick-up/drop-off of Wave staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas and permits, official registrations and accommodation.
The Welcome Officer will also be the welcoming face of the company, in charge of greeting and guiding our staff and visitors.
- Ensures that staff and guests are met on arrival and brought to suitable accommodation (hotel, apartment, house).
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Conducts regular random checks to make sure that accommodation is safe and suitable to live in; contacts the appropriate person(s) in case of problems.
- Organizes staff travel (plane, taxi, bus, etc.) by the most cost-effective means and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports, stations, etc.
- Communicates across Wave offices regarding staff travel and logistics.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions/other travel, document validity, residences, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar, with occasional travel to field locations.
- You must have work authorization in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, an associate degree or professional training in Administration, Travel Industry, Tourism or similar field.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Speak both French and Wolof fluently.
- Computer proficiency and ability to operate Microsoft Office packages.
- 4 years’ experience in similar position.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here. Please also respond to the questions below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
Closing date : 18 March 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wavesenegal/jobs/4611034002
Laisser un commentaire