British Embassy is hiring an IT Support Officer
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To provide IT and Telecom support for the British Embassy offices in Dakar. This encompasses management of user accounts, assisting end users in using their IT, resolving faults, maintaining the local ICT infrastructure and managing information and IT assets.
Roles and responsibilities :
IT Administration, User Support, Change and Security
To provide efficient and effective support on a day to day basis to users of the network, systems and telephone
- Act as first point of contact for users on IT related issues and be responsible for advice on use of systems.
- Proactively maintain Firecrest systems, reporting incidents and degradations in performance promptly to the Helpdesk and escalating through the correct channel.
- Liaise with the FCO IT Helpdesk to resolve IT issues at post and act as point of contact for technical visits.
- Manage shared mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Be responsible for IT Security Procedures including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) management.
- Escalate suspected/observed IT Security breaches to the Post Security Officer.
- Play an active role in Post’s Crisis Management Plan.
- Act as Information Management Officer (IMO) or Information Support Officer (ISO) at Post for documentation record keeping, as well as administering post’s Teams shared sites.
- Provide IT support to other government departments IT systems, in line with their procedures/standards.
- Supervise local IT technicians when onsite.
- Review, procure, install and maintain uncleared hardware equipment (e.g. desktops, laptops, printers and servers).
- Ensure changes to IT at post e.g. office moves follow the correct IT Change procedures e.g. Contract Change (CCR) or Request for Change (RFC), IOC3.
- Manage spare desktops, laptops and Mobile phones and order replacement stock when needed.
- Rebuild desktops and laptops when required as instructed by the Help Desk.
- Administer standalone machines and open internet network.
- Install and maintain hardware and support cabling, switches, etc.
- Manage recovery procedures for logins.
- Maintain the Inventory of IT equipment.
- Contribute to the Annual ACCA process, providing locally procured hardware asset Inventory/Info Assurance Register/locally procured software inventory etc.
- Support the Corporate Services Team in managing 3rd party service providers e.g, internet service providers, Mobile phone, hardware maintenance, consumables.
- Report any issues with machine room Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC).
ECHO (Telephone System)
- Act as local contact for ECHO tasks and first point of contact for end users on site (including on unclassified video-conferencing).
- Perform 1st level diagnostics on user reported problems e.g. power on, handset plugged in etc.
- Where appropriate, capture information required by Vodafone and log an incident with the Vodafone service desk. Perform basic checks on Echo equipment located on site e.g. power, cabling, warning lamp status, satellite dish.
- Act as a point of contact for any on-site technical visit required to resolve an incident.
- Assist with logistical support process e.g. as a recipient for any replacement equipment which may be sent to site to resolve an incident.
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is returned through the logistics process.
- Order replacement spares as needed.
- Manage requests for user access e.g. new user creation and equipment, deletion of users.
This is an important role in a busy Embassy. Flexibility and responsiveness to changing tasks are important, such as assisting Corporate Services with other adhoc tasks when needed.
This is a great opportunity to join our vibrant, expanding Embassy, which hosts several UK government departments. The Embassy has a strong learning and development culture – and your ideas are welcome.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
IT and Telecom Assets
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Recognised IT qualification
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Objective and constructive approach to problem solving
- Capable of coping with pressure and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of networking protocols (LAN/WAN/VPN)
- Previous experience working in customer service and /or IT Support
- Basic spoken and written English
- Fluent spoken and written French
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of ICT Network Infrastructures
- Experience of working for a diplomatic or international organisation.
- Working knowledge of Video Conferencing technologies
- Experience dealing with Telephone Mobile (Sim) /Fixe line and internet.
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Application deadline : 3 March 2020
- Grade : A2 (L)
- Type of Position : Fixed Term
- Working hours per week : 36.5
- Duration of Post : 24 months
- Starting salary () : XOF 793,506
- Start Date : 1 April 2020
- The successful candidate will be permanently based at the British Embassy Dakar, but will be required to travel when necessary.
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The successful candidate will also be encouraged to develop their skills through coaching and internal training.
- There may be the possibility to obtain funding for work-related external study and job shadowing.
- The Job holder need to be willing to involve on physical works like loading and unloading stuffs and walking around in the large compound between offices.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Senegal with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Senegal law to work in Senegal.
- The British Embassy in Dakar is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Dakar is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Senegalese employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- The British Embassy Dakar is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-4159812/xf-8abcd077ff90/candidate/eform/5965419/page/1
Laisser un commentaire