Abt Associates hiring an Administrative Assistant / ITN Program Manager – VectorLink Senegal
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Vector Control project supports the President’s initiative on Malaria (PMI) as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries in performing high-quality spraying programs and collecting entomological vector control data. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological surveillance to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated nets and intra-home sprays and will continue to help PMI reduce the burden of malaria through capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic.
Under the supervision of the Senegal Deputy Chief of Party, the ITN Program Manager is responsible for the reception, storage, inventory management, and routine distribution of ITNs for the VectorLink project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance and tax waivers, as needed
- Management of the project’s ITNs inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting
- Directs and supervises the storage, distribution, and transport of ITNs commodity goods and equipment throughout the country
- In collaboration with the Environmental Compliance Officer ensure that all health and safety measures are in place and followed at all store and ITNs locations
- Review and validate Report and Request of ITNs from regions, districts and health facilities and transfer requests to the Central Warehouse Storekeeper
- Coordinate distribution plans between the central warehouse and regions
- Develop transportation plans and supervise ITN distribution and supply
- Plan and execute routine distribution supportive supervision
- Develop and write monthly reports
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the incorporation of routine distribution data in the National Malaria Control Program M&E systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Logistics, Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in logistics of health commodities
- At least 2 years of experience at USAID-funded development programs
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse/store and ITN distribution management
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Fluency in French, and English language capability
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.