Teranga Gold hiring Mobile Maintenance Coordinator – Overhaul.
Teranga is a mid-tier gold producer operating two mines – Sabodala-Massawa and Wahgnion – and advancing prospective exploration properties across West Africa, one of the world’s fastest-growing gold jurisdictions. Through its continued success and commitment to responsible mining, Teranga creates sustainable value for all stakeholders and acts as a catalyst for social, economic, and environmental development. On November 16, 2020, Teranga and Endeavour announced their plans to combine to create a new top 10 senior gold producer with industry-leading low production costs and high cash flow yield, a strong balance sheet, and one of the best organic growth pipelines of any senior gold company. Subject to the successful completion of the transaction, the new combined company will have diversification across three countries and highly complementary assets with the potential for significant capital, operating and financing synergies.
Summary of Role
This is a fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
Note: Due to the pandemic & quarantine periods the rotational schedules maybe longer, further information will be discussed during the recruitment process.
We are currently operating an opencast gold mine in West Africa and require an experienced individual with a high standard of enthusiastic motivation and skillset towards the current site safety culture and encouraging best practice supervision of the national workforce to produce the highest standard of overall management of all assets.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, this position requires a self-motivated individual to work within a team on the component rebuild, overhaul and oversee the life cycle strategies of equipment in line with the asset management system, plan and schedule repairs to ensure a sustainable high level of maintenance is accomplished.
The key responsibilities apply to the Maintenance Coordinator responsible for Overhauls.
- Comply with the current site safety culture and compliance to all safety systems is required.
- Focus on reliability to ensure all work is carried out in line with OEM and site standards.
- Motivate a workforce by experience, knowledge, and respect. Train and mentor current site personnel.
- Must have the capacity to supervise multi work fronts safely and effectively.
- Ensure all agreed processes and procedures are followed.
- Maintain a level of work performed in accordance with KPI standards and/or work order specifications.
- Work includes designing, set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and/or equipment products.
- Take responsibility for site resources and supporting equipment to include operational maintenance, daily inspections, and quality control.
- Assist to plan and schedule repairs in line with current maintenance scheduling. Participate in long-term planning, budgeting, and asset management activities.
- Minimize equipment downtime events to enable optimized performance and reliability.
- Provide solutions, engineering methods of repair in line with OEM standards, and detailed failure analysis reports.
- Design and implement strategies for regular structural maintenance of minor, major, and rebuild components of the fleet to include all repairs on location within the workshop and field areas.
- Be responsible and accountable for the allocated budget and all costs associated with the maintenance of the mobile fleet section, including all components, structural components, and consumables.
- Work with Management to prepare the annual budget based on equipment hours and conditions.
- Manage maintenance personnel, contractors, and equipment in the most cost-effective manner possible as requested.
- Ensure that the site ERP Software (Pronto) forms a key part of the maintenance system and that all work packs are available and maintained for the section.
- Identify, investigate, and implement improvements to the operating performance of the mobile fleet.
- Promote and support the Business Improvement initiatives on site.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience maintaining mobile and mining equipment with 5+ years experience supervising a maintenance team in a developing country (preferably Africa).
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Expat at a remote location (preferably West Africa)
- Possess a formal certification qualification in heavy equipment mechanics with experience in mobile equipment maintenance.
- Capacity to multi-task across the mining fleet to include equipment overhauls.
- Mechanically minded with excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills in English with French as a preference to effectively interact with employees.
- Experience in the use of OEM software applications.
- Experienced using a CMMS to provide accurate prediction of future activities and costs. Pronto experience will be preferred.
- Intermediate level skill and knowledge of a computer use including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel are desired.
- Clean Driver’s License is essential.
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV.
Application deadline: 14 Feb 2021.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com