World Bank hiring Consultant, Senegal.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Infrastructure Practice Group is charged with developing sustainable solutions to help close infrastructure gaps in developing and emerging economies. It comprises Energy and Extractives, Transport, Digital Development, and Infrastructure Finance, Public Private Partnerships and Guarantees (IPG) Department. The World Bank’s active portfolio in Infrastructure consists of 400 operations, implemented by a workforce of over 700 staff in headquarters and 82 country offices. The core values guiding our work include our passion for sustainable poverty reduction, our willingness to put the needs of the client at the center of all our activities, and our honesty and integrity as a common currency.
The Digital Development Global Practice (DD) is part of the Bank’s Infrastructure Practice Group.
It plays a critical role in enabling the achievements of the Twin goals and the Sustainable Development Goals. Digital technologies are transforming firms, governments and people’s lives; and with the digital economy growing at a rate significantly higher than that of the global economy, it offers emerging economies a unique opportunity to leapfrog traditional paths for development through digital solutions.
Collaborating across technical, geographic and institutional boundaries, the Digital Development team helps design and deliver Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)-enhanced solutions to a diverse range of clients. The team supports clients (i) through advisory assistance to establish policy and regulatory environments that allow the widespread use of technology and create a trust environment; (ii) lending operations by building infrastructure to connect the unconnected, or enabling digital government shared platforms (cloud, digital, identification, etc.).
The DD Global Practice is led by a Director supported by five Practice Managers with specific regional or global responsibilities. The IDD02 unit is responsible of the Digital Development activities and portfolio in the Africa West/Central region and in the Middle East / North Africa region, including lending, supervision and analytical work.
The IDD02 unit is looking for an Extended Term Consultant (ETC)- Senior Digital Development Specialist to be based in Dakar (Senegal). French and English are essential for this position, and Arabic would be plus. The Consultant will report to the Practice Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, preparation and supervision of World Bank Group financed digital development related investment and policy reform programs in client countries with a particular emphasis on stimulating digital transformation through regulatory/policy reforms, facilitating development of digital government IT infrastructure, platforms and services, and promoting development of digital skills and innovation.
- Advising clients on strategies, best practices and design of programs to develop the foundations of their digital economies.This may include participating in complex technical assistance activities and providing ad hoc technical and strategic expertise on the design of the overall policy, legal, regulatory and institutional framework for the ICT / Digital Economy sector and wider digital transformation as well as IT functions and digital services delivery within governments.
- Providing technical expertise and advice on a range of policy and regulatory issues to promote competition, private sector investment and innovation in the digital economy sector with the aim of achieving by 2030 people, businesses and governments to be digitally enabled.
- Developing with colleagues working in other sectors (including agriculture, health, education, energy, financial services, transport, etc.) innovative and practical approaches to leverage digital technologies to improve service delivery and efficiency in the respective sectors and to stimulate digital innovation, entrepreneurship and investment in those sectors by private sector actors.
- Leading policy dialogue on digital economy / digital transformation with senior officials of client countries, regional institutions and development partner agencies.
- Preparing and supervising publication of best practice notes and reports on policy and regulation in the digital economy sector.
- Performing economic and financial analysis (market models, business models, banking cases, etc.) to inform decisions on project designs, Public Private Partnership (PPP) schemes, financing plans, etc. in support of digital transformation.
- Representing the DD Unit and the Bank at digital development related fora and events, as well as liaison in the above areas with key external partners
Master’s degree in telecommunications, engineering, computer science, law, economics, public policy or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in ICT / Digital Economy policy and regulation and/or ICT / Digital Economy project design and implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application deadline: 04 March 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/10942/application?c=worldbankgroup#1