UNODC hiring HR Assistant, Senegal.
Under the general supervision of UNODC Regional Director and the direct supervision of the Head of Operations, the Human Resources (HR) Assistant would be responsible for a full range of activities in relation to personnel administration as well as the recruitment and appointment of local staff in accordance with the UNDP/UNODC Staff Rules and Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Assistant provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible as follows:
Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNDP/UNODC rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the Regional Office business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Obtain background information and Terms of Reference (TORs) from project coordinators or Head of sections in relation to vacant position to be filled and prepare the necessary administrative documentation (post description, request for vacancy announcement or publication, etc.)
- Building Job Opening for international staff in INSPIRA and coordinate recruitment process in close cooperation with UNODC HQ
- Assist in the preliminary screening of candidates according to selection criteria and in the preparation of final evaluation tables. Prepare minutes and reports (Process Verbale) related to the selection committee’s recommendations. Maintaining electronic records and hardcopy files of such documentation for project auditing purposes.
- Assist in the preparation of contract letters for local staff and consultants and ensure their timely submission to UNDP for approval.
- Monitor and maintain the Field Office Human Resources Management (FOHRM) Platform and ensure that personnel data are up-to-date.
- Monitor the contractual status of project personnel and advise on timely action required for contract extension or renewal.
- Maintain a separate staffing list which could be used as a monitoring tool against information contained in FOHRM as well as enhancing management decision on human resources planning.
- Assist the Finance Unit in clarifying and reconciling monthly UNDP payroll EOIVs against information contained in FOHRM or staff contracts.
- Organize orientation and induction programs or meetings for newly recruited staff (both local and international) in relation to the operation of the organization, locating the Security and safety team (UNDSS), canteen, finding accommodation in the case of international staff,etc.
- Ensure new and existing staff are accordingly briefed or informed on new HR rules and regulations from both HQ and UNDP.
- Preparation of documentation of a broad variety of personnel actions (i.e. separation, promotion, contract extension, salary increments etc.) and ensure proper filing of personnel records by project and individual staff.
- Review of Performance Evaluation Reports for correctness with regard to proper procedures being followed.
- Ensuring a proper and efficient staff attendance system and be the focal point for all leave requests.
- Maintaining a personnel trending file on a monthly/yearly basis which could be used to monitor the movement of staff over specific period.
- Maintain a register of training undertaken during the year and in consultation with the Head of Operations conduct periodic analysis of training needs.
- Act as the liaison staff between UNDP/HQ and ROSEN in relation to personnel administration
- Conduct exit interviews for separating staff members and assist them with clearance and separation formalities.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Carryout any additional tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR or supplemented by training in personnel or general administration work.
- University degree in Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Sociology and Political Sciences is desirable but not required
- Minimum 5 (five) years of experience in human resources administration in a multicultural environment of any other large organisation with established HR systems, policies and procedures.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both English and French is required.
Application deadline: 03 March 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_apply.cfm?cur_job_id=97185