AZA recruits a Compliance and Due Diligence Analyst.
A key element of our AML compliance program is the management of our third-party population and the execution of effective client due diligence procedures on our business partner community. The Compliance and Due Diligence Associate will be responsible for reviewing new business/MTO customer sign ups as part of KYC process, carry out transaction reviews with prompt approvals as well as French/English translations where required.
This role is open to candidates in Dakar – Senegal & Abidjan – Ivory Coast
- Carry out day to day reviews of customer onboarding and transaction documents for KYC sufficiency to mitigate AML/CFT, Sanctions risks.
- Applying risk assessment procedures to ensure appropriate risk classification of customers
- Support the business through prompt translation of legal and compliance documents.
- Support the sales team in expansion into the UEMOA regions for partner due diligence and bank account opening.
- Performing on-site visits at our business partner’s premises as part of the global due diligence and monitoring framework where required.
- Liaising and coordinating all activities with all relevant business counterparts
- Providing training on Third-Party management and Compliance in general to both, internal and external stakeholders
- Sharing experience and suggestions with the HoD to continuously improve the effectiveness of the compliance processes
- Creating and tracking metrics on due diligence activities to achieve accountability and to ensure that all high-risk issues are duly escalated.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the department
- Process-oriented; ability to run sustainable due diligence procedures
- Strong ability to spot compliance issues and correspondingly strong ability to provide solutions or paths to resolution; problem-solver attitude.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations in the UEMOA/WAEMU region regarding financial services and payments, especially BCEAO regulations
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to handle many complex issues simultaneously, prioritizing and effectively managing time.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to manage highly sensitive matters and information with discretion and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work across functions, cultures, and organizational hierarchy.
- Strong project management skills, to include managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects, and reporting progress and risks to colleagues and senior management.
- Attention to detail, including documentation, record-keeping, and tracking.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complicated information in an understandable and engaging way.
- Ability to influence and build followership with associates at all levels
- Bachelor`s degree in Business or Law and minimum 2 years’ experience in Third Party Compliance / Third Party due diligence in the Financial Services environment
- Excellent knowledge of business ethics, integrity codes, and the Corporate Guidelines for Business Partners
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others and liaise between internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines quickly and reliably
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills in French and English
- Strong negotiation and persuasive communication skills
- Willingness to travel – domestic and international (<25%)
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://apply.workable.com/azafinance/j/7F1E0938D9/apply/