Wave is hiring a Legal Assistant.
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Legal Assistant who’s resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. As we continue to scale in Senegal, you’ll be responsible for helping the Legal team by providing strong, accurate, and timely legal assistance to operational teams.
In this role, you’ll
- Help review and draft contracts to ensure alignment with Wave’s interests, protection, and regulations.
- Print and prepare contracts for signature
- Draft the complaints and demand letters to the company’s debtors
- Collect from the Recovery team and archive all the original documents for filling the recovery cases
- Validate the employment contracts and the documents provided to the staff by the People Team
- Answer basic questions related to the regulation applicable to Wave’s activities and provide basic legal advice.
- Setting up a legal watch for the company’s activity
- Electronic and physical archiving of all the legal documents.
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Senegal and may travel to field locations.
- Work authorization in Senegal
- This is a permanent position.
- At least 2 years experience with a mobile money company, bank, telecom operator, micro-finance company, or consulting firm
- Well organized, detail-oriented with an accurate and clear legal approach
- Good writing skills and excellent listening and communication skills
- Very good to fluent in English
- Fluent in French.
You might be a good fit if you
- Can efficiently and quickly apply the instructions given to you by your lead and identify problems or blocking points to be reported
- Enjoy teamwork, but you also know how to work well independently when needed
- Are at ease in preparing contracts in French/English
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 30 November 2021.
Laisser un commentaire