Wise Lab, is a global engineering company dedicated to the industrial sectors in West Africa. For one of our industrial projects, we are looking for a Marine base Coordinator
Objective of Job :
Manage and monitor, safe and smooth Marine Shipping operations during project execution.
Overview of role
The ‘Marine base Coordinator’ is responsible for preparation and coordination of Shipping/Logistics operations in port and in Bay, in Sénégal. This includes the coordination of logistics agents, subcontractors, 3rd Parties for ensuring that all is carried out in accordance with procedures, and in a safe manner.
This task shall be executed within the outmost respect of all the company’s procedures, code of ethics and HSES policy. All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within the team day to day working practices contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviors and good leadership.
- Responsible for organizing port calls for Construction vessels, Supply vessels, marine units (…) with the relevant local authorities, Logistics & shipping agents and according to Port and country regulations
- Interfaces with the local logistics entity to ensure that all documentation (vessel + goods + crew) for clearance is complete and administratively conform for the consignee as per legal rules at destination and that copies of all relevant documents are made available to all stake holders
- Liaise with and instructs selected local shipping agents, to arrange Ship’s Clearances as per Companies’ instructions & local regulations
- Responsible to prepare, anticipate files with appointed logistics agents for Port State Controls, International Clearance, Inward/outward Clearances, Temporary Importation, On/Off-hire (when required), …
- Coordinate each shipping file including issuance of work orders or Job orders
- Ensure tracking systems are updated, and all shipping files are compliant and contain the relevant customs information, documentation
- Maintain strong archive system, records for all logistics files, from requests, Work Order/FCD, Approval, to Payment, including customs declaration and associated documents
- Assist on marine aspect regarding preparation of vessels and loading and un-loading operations of vessels / CB, in liaison with logistic coordinator and under instruction of Project’s Operation Manager
- Specific duty to terminate the operation if he/she considers that any malfunction or operation of the equipment would prejudice the safety and/or satisfactory completion of the operation.
- Provide to local onshore sub-contractor’s clear instruction concerning marine operations, and port call forecasts
- Ensure that all personnel involved in the operation receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure that all equipment used within his perimeter, on the project (provided all 3rd party suppliers) is in a satisfactory condition as regards performance, maintenance, and calibration necessary to carry out the operation
- Actively reporting all undesired events and safety observations using the Safety Observation system and
- Undesired Events Report system.
- When and if required, potential missions to others mobilization / demobilization places.
- Lead by example and adhere to the Intervention program through the intervention card system
- Participates in initiatives (such as development of tools & process) as and when required
- Expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within the company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to the Code of Conduct of the company.
Experience / Qualifications
- Equivalent upper education certificate in Logistics/Shipping/International Trade
- Significant experience in a previous Shipping logistics role. (Ideally within or in collaboration with the Oil & Gas Industry, as agent)
- Strong knowledge of customs regulations, transit, Shipping rules
- Knowledge of Port rules and regulations related to introduction of vessels in Sénégal
- Strong knowledge and practice of Health, Safety, Quality & Security
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the Company.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and accurate reporting, both written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure
- Good administrative and time management skills.
- Microsoft Pack office – Advanced
- French native language
- Imperative to be fluent in English (both oral and written). Must be comfortable with interlocutor speaking
- English over the phone, from anywhere in the world.
- Past experience as Shipping Agent at Port
- Knowledge of In-Country Immigration rules for seafarers
- Knowledge of SAP Software
- French (nice to have)
External Interfaces :
- Local Authorities (Custom, Immigration, Marine authorities, Port authorities, Police/immigration)
- 3rd Party & suppliers : Forwarding agents / Logistics supplier / Manning companies (if required), Ports /
- Marine Logistic Base / Terminals / Stevedoring companies / Cranage, Trucking, lifting companies.
- Heavy Lift Vessel Captains / Supply vessel Captains …
Internal Interfaces :
- Operations team / Project team / Project Operation Managers and Project local organizations / Supply
- Chain / Logistics / Security & HSEQ Dept. / construction Vessels / offshore management team.
Please, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 Feb 2022.