Wise Lab recruits an Operations Rigger.
Wise Lab, is a global engineering company dedicated to the industrial sectors in West Africa. For one of our industrial projects, we are looking for an Operations Rigger.
Objective of Job
Support Operations with safe load out operations at mobilization, demobilization.
Overview of the role
The Operations Rigger is responsible for preparation and deployment of all project equipment.
- Has the responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures. This task shall be executed within the out most respect of all the company’s procedures, code of ethics and HSES policy.
- All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company
HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within our team’s day to day working practises
contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviours and good leadership.
- Responsible for supporting all lifting, load-out activities in port, alongside, in bay ;
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment used by the project team is in a satisfactory condition as regards performance, maintenance and calibration necessary to carry out the operation ;
The Operations Rigger has a specific duty to terminate the operation if he/she considers that any malfunction or operation of the equipment would prejudice the safety and/or satisfactory completion of the operation ;
- Ensure that all machinery is set, aligned, and levelled as per Lift Plans ;
- Attach and detach loads properly • Communicate with all team members effectively ;
- Monitor and maintain all rigging equipment to ensure certification is valid and assigned equipment is fit for purpose. ;
- Safely and properly attach and utilize all pulley and block systems ;
- Set up and break down necessary equipment Operation during Mobs and Demobs ;
- Always maintain control of all loads ;
- Manoeuvre loads through difficult and confined spaces ;
- Work cooperatively with erection team to meet requirements ;
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations ;
- Actively reporting and managing any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts
and conditions to the Site Representative so that action can be taken to manage or minimize any allrisk ;
- Actively reporting all undesired events and safety observations or Interventions using the Safety Card
system and Undesired Events Reported to HSE ;
- Participates in initiatives (such as development of tools & process) as and when required ;
- Expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within the company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be NCCCO certified Level 1, minimum
- Significant work experience as a rigger, 5+ years minimum
- Recognized Rigging Certificate
- Safety Training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be up to date, and willing to comply with all OSHA safety standards
- Familiar with all necessary safety equipment
- Able to assess each load and select proper equipment for the job
- Solid working knowledge of all rigging equipment
- Able to inspect rigging equipment to ensure it is in good working order
- Experience with crane assembly and disassembly
- Solid math skills for calculating load requirements
- Physically capable of working in demanding conditions
- Able to sit, stand, bend, and lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Not afraid of heights or climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Basic English understanding
- Reliable and hardworking with a team-player attitude
- Knowledge of Marine activities
- Knowledge of Logistics activities
- English (basic communication will be good)
External Interfaces :
- Companies : HSE / Security /Operational department
- Heavy Lift Vessel Captains / Supply vessel Captains
- 3rd Party & suppliers: Forwarding agents / Logistics supplier / Manning companies (if required) …
- Ports / Terminals / Stevedoring companies
Internal Interfaces :
- Rigging Supervisor / Operations team / Project team / Groupe HSEQ Director / Project Operation
- Managers and Project local organizations / Security & HSEQ Dept. / Vessels / Security.
If interested, apply by sending your resume and cover letter on : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 2 February 2022.