Wise Lab, is a global engineering company dedicated to the industrial sectors in West Africa. For one of our industrial projects, we are looking for an Operations worksite representative.
Objective of Job :
Manage and monitor, safe and smooth shipping and port logistics operations during project execution.
Overview of role
The ‘Operations worksite representative’ is responsible for Implementation of project’s processes related to HSEQ & Security, cost commitment, cost control of all activities undertaken at the work site under his responsibility.
The ‘Operations & Logistics worksite representative’ is responsible for the safe execution of the marine logistic, Load-Outs, Sea-fastening activities, in support to the project’s operations. His/her duties include management of the Shipping/Logistics operations at Marine Base (Port of Dakar), in port and in the Bay of Dakar. Those duties are conducted through the Load Out Supervisors, Riggers, Shipping
Coordinator, Port Captain, ensuring that all is carried out in a timely manner, in accordance with instructions from the In-Country Manager or his delegates.
The ‘Operations & Logistics worksite representative’ is responsible for the wellbeing of his team.
This task shall be executed within the outmost respect of all The company procedures, code of ethics and HSES policy.
It is the responsibility of ‘Operations & Logistics worksite representative’ to ensure that all personnel (Inclusive of 3rd Party personnel sub-contracted to our client, by Company operating the Logistics Base) operating within the worksite, are compliant with HSE rules, Life Saving Rules & Ways of Working. This includes but not limited to :
- Personnel training & certification ;
- Task Risk Assessment,
- Toolbox Talks conducted,
- Permit to Work system,
- PPE, lifesaving equipment worn & available,
- Lift plans, equipment certified.
- Management of Change, work at height etc.
Responsible to set-up the temporary logistics base, and close out at time of completion of the project.
This includes but not limited to :
- Ensure the site is secured, barriers installed and markings in place.
- Driving plan & parking within the worksite & in the quayside shall be clearly identified, communicated to personnel involved, and monitored.
- Adequate & sufficient lighting shall be provided for night work at all work areas.
- A site induction shall be available and presented by the HSE advisor, to all newcomers and or subcontracted personnel at work site.
- Responsible for organizing port calls for Construction vessels, Supply vessels, marine units (…) with the relevant local authorities, Logistics & shipping agents and according to Port and country regulations, in close relation with the country logistics manager.
- Coordinate vessel’s clearance, Port State Controls, on/off hire ; with shipping agents.
- Coordinate the marine aspect regarding preparation and loading and un-loading operations of vessels,
- supplies in liaison with logistics dept, and under instruction of in Country Operation Manager.
- Coordinate with project, Marine units and ensure full assistance is provided by teams in terms of support, such as Fuel, Oil, Food, Waste, Fresh water, Spares supply, Medical support, port access permits, Crew Change as necessary, …
- Responsible for safety in Port. Ensure that the level of safety is always adapted to on-going operations inside the port or in bay, including packing and rigging are always suitable for handling, lifting.
- Ensure that all equipment used by the project teams and subcontractors (cranes, forklifts, trucks, rigging, …) is in satisfactory condition as regards performance, maintenance and calibration necessary to carry out the operation.
- Specific duty to terminate the operation if he/she considers that any malfunction or operation of the equipment would prejudice the safety and/or satisfactory completion of the operation.
- Ensure tracking systems, stock management are daily updated teams and all cargoes stored under his perimeter are recorded. Ensure Tracking, management for all movement of goods transferred from shore to vessels (vice & versa) by teams.
- Direct management of all personnel working on the Logistics base or, alternatively, direct supervision of any logistics subcontractor
- Daily control and follow up of activity to monitor and anticipate workload for his (her) team. (Over time, Night Shifts, …)
- Collaborate and closely monitor the activity and performance of the supplier identified in the management of the marine base
- Ensure compliance with company rules pertaining to cost commitments and cost control.
- Ensure all requests to any logistics sub-contractors/providers are always done via work orders and sent prior executions.
- Responsible to follow up & report all project’s cost commitments, related to Port activities, to Project Management.
- Ensuring that all reporting requirements as laid out in the The company project documentation are undertaken, including Work-site Daily Reporting / Personnel on site.
- Ensuring that all personnel involved in the operation receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner.
- Actively reporting all undesired events and safety observations using the Safety Observation system and Undesired Events Report system.
- Actively reporting and managing any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts and conditions to the Chief Officer so that action can be taken to manage or minimize any all-risk.
- Carry out all safety audits as per the needs (onshore/offshore/ports/Suppliers)
- Lead by example and adhere to the Intervention program through the intervention card system
- Participates in initiatives (such as development of tools & process) as and when required
- Expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within The company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to the Code of Conduct of the company.
External Interfaces :
- Local Authorities (Custom, Immigration, Marine authorities, Police/immigration) • Port Authorities (PAD) ;
- Oil and Gas Marine Base
- 3rd Party & suppliers: Forwarding agents / Logistics supplier / Manning companies (if required), Ports /
- Terminals / Stevedoring companies / Cranage, Trucking, lifting companies.
- Heavy Lift Vessel Captains / Supply vessel Captains …
Internal Interfaces :
- Operations team / Project team / Project Operation Managers and Project local organizations / Supply
- Chain / Logistics / Security & HSEQ Dept. / construction Vessels / offshore management team.
Please, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 Feb 2022.