The USAID is hiring a Development, Outreach and Communications.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek and partnered with CAMRIS International, LLC, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Development, Outreach and Communications (DOC) (Consultant) with the United States Agency for International Development Senegal Mission.
With more than 30 years’ experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International, LLC is among the top 20 USAID contractors for the third year in a row. CAMRIS realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
This is a virtual position with an expected three-week TDY to Dakar.
USAID/Senegal is seeking an experienced, preferably bilingual (English and French, level III) Communications Specialist to support the Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) team. The contractor shall work for a period of approximately six months, with the possibility of extension. Period of performance: on/around April 7, 2022 to October 6, 2022. The level of effort initially is 100 days, with a four-day work week (Monday – Thursday).
The contractor will provide all support virtually. S/he will be available for 32 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, during the hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM local time (schedule to be defined).
The contractor must become familiar with USAID regulations and procedures related to communications, branding and marking, such as ADS 320. S/he will: provide technical assistance on communications. S/he will produce communications products, and review for production communications products created by others. S/he will contribute to event planning as a full member of the DOC team. Tasks will include drafting, reviewing, editing and planning for a wide range of communications products.
In this capacity, s/he will work on development topics across USAID/Senegal’s sectors of intervention, including health, agriculture, WASH, fisheries, climate change, economic growth, education, and governance topics.
Specifically the contractor will:
- Draft and provide quality control on a range of print and electronic public information materials, such as stories and press releases posted on external websites and social media platforms, outreach materials for events, and materials for briefing books.
- Provide technical assistance to USAID technical offices on communications plans and products.
- Liaise with the press and offer advice on press outreach, under the guidance of the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section.
The consultant shall present the following deliverables:
- At the beginning of the contract period, a work-plan to be developed with USAID, including benchmarks and tasks to be achieved during the consultancy
- Social media content developed and managed daily (this includes editing content developed by others)
- Social media tracking tool developed within two weeks of initiation of contract and updated daily
- Six skill-building sessions (30 minutes each) on communications topics developed and delivered (one session per month) to USAID staff and partners
- Communications products reviewed and comments provided, as assigned
- Six USAID communications products proposed and developed
- Contributions made to weekly DOC meetings
- Senegal materials on usaid.gov uploaded, as assigned
- Branding and marking plans reviewed and approved, as assigned
- Press events supported, as assigned
- Bachelors Degree with 6 years of outreach and communications experience
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
- Proven creativity in the utilization of new media technologies for internal and external communications purposes.
- No security clearance is required.
- French preferred, not required.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
Closing date : 2 April 2022.