Abt Associates hiring an Information Education and Communication (IEC) & Training Manager.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 25 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Information Education and Communication – IEC – & Training Manager (IEC/Training Manager) is responsible for the coordination and supervision of all communication and training activities in line with project objectives. Working closely with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), s/he will facilitate all pre and post spraying community mobilization, branding/marking and communication activities. The IEC/Training Manager will also be responsible of the planning and supervision all training activities.
This position is located in Dakar, Senegal.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Information Education and Communication
- Ensure strengthened partnerships and collaboration between district partners, including civil societies and community leaders
- Supports the implementation of the community outreach programs and communication interventions (identifying the most impact channels and mobilization efforts) within the targeted districts and communities
- Develop and write regular documentation of activities including lessons learned and success stories
- Lead in development of and implementation of IEC strategies for IRS campaigns
- Develop and review IEC/BCC messages/materials in collaboration with project team and government stakeholders
- Evaluate and document impact of IEC/BCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Develop community mobilization calendar in line with the spray calendar; Coordinate mobilization training
- Support the planning and implementation of information and education campaigns aimed at improving community awareness about IRS in the districts in collaboration with district based government partners
- Assist in mobilizing communities through sensitization meetings with the local leaders and communities to educate them on IRS as one of the key Malaria prevention intervention
- Assist in the recruitment, training, monitoring and supervision of mobilization teams on IEC strategies to reach people at community level
- Assist and participate in the sensitization of various stakeholders at district, division and community levels to support IRS activities in collaboration with district health officials, civil societies and community leaders.
- Maintain proper records on district community mobilization and IEC activities throughout the year for reporting purposes
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on community mobilization efforts before and throughout the spray campaign, and compilation of other project reporting, including success stories semiannual reports, and others with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
- Record best practices for informing local communities about upcoming spraying operations
- Develop communications materials as necessary i.e.: brochures, posters, banners, as well as radio and TV information programs
- Liaise with other government and non-government communications organizations and provides program information for media dissemination
- Develop a plan and timeline for all Vector Link Senegal projected training and capacity building activities
- Supervise all training and capacity building activities for safe and effective spraying in accordance with PMI and WHO guidelines
- Liaise with the Home Office to facilitate the IRS Leadership boot camp training
- Coordinate and facilitate the Training of trainers on spray operations
- Collaborate with the National Hygiene Services for the training of Spray operators
- Lead the orientation of site managers and team leaders
- Supervise the training of washers, IEC mobilizers, storekeepers, drivers, security guards, sprayers maintenance technicians, finance assistants and logistic assistants
- Collaborate with the Regional Environment Compliance Manager and the Environment Compliance Officer for the Training of Trainers on poison management and the training of health workers on poison management
- Collaborate with the VectorLink Senegal M&E Manager for the training of data management seasonal workers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Health, Community Health, Environmental Studies, or other relevant field with 10 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree (desirable) plus 5 years relevant experience, or a Phd. And 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience in communications, community outreach, training of health workers, workshop facilitation with previous IRS or other malaria program experience highly desirable
- Proven experience managing IEC and community outreach /mobilization activities for international health programs is essential, experience with malaria prevention programs preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, reporting and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including national, provincial and district government counterparts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Applications
- Prior experience working with USAID a plus
- Ability and to travel throughout the target districts frequently
- (2+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?_s.crb=juVpmlHGbq5Waju6jkyVRcpQZFE%253d