This is a volunteer role onboard the Africa Mercy, a hospital ship, currently serving in Dakar, Senegal.
Summary: Provide quality hair care for crew members.
Let’s face it. We all need a hair cut sometimes! The Hair Stylist on board is there for the crew to keep them looking sharp.
The Hair Stylist volunteer position, part of the Hotel Services department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world’s largest non-governmental hospital ship. The preferred minimum commitment for this role is six months.
- Completion of hair school / cosmetology school
- Professional hair cutting license and/or certification
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a salon, post-licensure/certification
- Ability to work with all hair types and textures of hair
- Ability to do colorings, perms, haircuts, and waxing
Questions about this information? Send us an email! Our recruiter would love to answer any questions you may have. You can reach Kylie Best at email@example.com.