Abt Associates hiring Project Assistant / Procurement Officer.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Senegal Finance and Administration Manager, the Senegal Procurement Officer is responsible for all procurement activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Management of procurement for all project activities, including spray operations, insecticides treated nets distribution, transport, events such as workshops and meetings, lodging and travel arrangements, etc.
- Processing of local procurements of goods and services including malaria prevention commodities, following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures
- Collaboration relevant with technical departments for the definition of commodity specifications
- Preparation of request for quotations and open/restricted call of tenders
- Preparation of evaluation/selection committee meetings
- Drafting and finalization of evaluation/selection committee meeting reports
- Liaison with the Home Office for international procurement
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in, Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement
- At least 2 years of experience at USAID-funded development programs, and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is required
- Proven procurement experience for international health programs is essential, experience with malaria prevention programs preferred
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Fluency in French, and English language capability
- ( 3+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.