Abt Associates hiring a Spray Operations District Coordinator.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 25 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under supervision of the Senegal Operations Manager, the Spray Operations District Coordinator will focus on programmatic and management oversight for all aspects of the project’s spray operations in Senegal, including campaign planning, technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting. Spray Operations District Coordinator will be temporary based at the district level, and will coordinate closely with government counterparts, and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams in the district.
Location: Koungheul, Koumpentoum, Maka Coulibanta and Kedougou.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and implement at district level robust IRS campaign planning efforts, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs; identification and recruitment of spray teams; logistical planning for IRS distribution and transportation; insecticide and equipment storage, security, and environmental safety; and efficient coordination with national and district level MOH counterparts and other stakeholder partners.
- Oversight for recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators.
- Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of insecticide, materials, work with the Logistics & Procurement Officer to procure IRS materials.
- Supervise the management of project funds at district level in collaboration with finance team
- Support field based staff, training programs and collaboration with the IEC component officer
- Support routine program tracking and reporting activities
- Support monitoring and data collection with project M&E team.
- Prepare and organize workshops, meetings at district level
- Draft weekly reports on the progress of project’s activities.
- Support others activities implemented by the project like Net distribution and entomology monitoring.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant health sector field, such as Public Health, Community Health, Entomology, or Environmental Health.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional work experience with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
- Fluency in French, and English language capability.
- (2+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?_s.crb=juVpmlHGbq5Waju6jkyVRcpQZFE%253d